Permanent, Brisbane based opportunity with some flexibility to work from home. Please note, this role cannot be performed from another State.
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing
As part of the Strategic Procurement leadership team, you will focus on providing leadership and guidance on the development and execution of category strategies within the Product, Brand and Corporate Services categories. You will aim to ensure category strategies support the overall procurement strategy and business deliverables/strategies.
- Manage and lead a team of Category Management Specialists, coaching, mentoring and developing them to meet their OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) and career goals.
- Be accountable for benefits tracking and reporting on your team’s portfolio of categories.
- Leading and ensuring continuous improvement programs are implemented and tracked.
- Leading team engagement and development, and promoting and educating the broader business with regard to procurement methods and policies.
- Act as a key senior client relationship lead, establishing and maintaining relevant stakeholder relationships to ensure that they are consulted and informed as appropriate.
- Build complex business cases and financial models ensuring principles critical analysis of procurement and business-led initiatives.
- Provide commercial advice and direction to senior stakeholders in relation to supplier and contract management.
- Act as a business change driver at a senior level.
You’ll be great in this role if you...
Are a driven, collaborative and consultative Procurement leader who is commercially and analytically driven. You are a strong negotiator, who is able to deliver multi-disciplinary solutions in a dynamic environment, while leading a successful category team. Our Procurement team needs leaders who foster passion, self-motivation & resilience, while encouraging a one team culture.
- A tertiary qualification in commerce / accounting / business together with at least 7 years’ experience with strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, category management and procurement experience
- Extensive experience leading category and / or supplier management teams
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiation and solid stakeholder management skills, where you have previously built effective on-going business relationships and lead multiple complex high value negotiations
- The ability to build successful teams who deliver complex projects within a time sensitive environment, while coaching and mentoring your team
- Strong project, management, change management, coaching and mentoring skills
- Outstanding presentation skills and strong computer literacy skills
- An expert-level of understanding of category strategy development and its alignment with overall business goals and strategies
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Discounted flights for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- A flexible, hybrid work style. Work from home or the office, adapt your location to suit your style and needs
- One of Brisbane’s most admired head office locations, with South Bank train station, a supermarket, pharmacy, and lunch options downstairs plus a 5-minute walk to the Busway, a rooftop restaurant and onsite gym (with a low membership fee) and South Bank Parklands just across the road
- Discounts on travel insurance, lounge membership, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Cheaper hospitality, retail, technology, beauty and wellness services
- Free counselling and access to a wellbeing app to support your physical, mental, social and financial health
- ‘Dress for Your Day’ – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever makes you feel great for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
When everyone is included, everyone wins
We’re all individuals. And we love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.