Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing:
The Manager Commercial – Airports role provides technical and people leadership to Airport Commercial specialists across the team to ensure Virgin Australia has access to the airport infrastructure required the meet the businesses’ strategic, operational and product requirements. This role leads the development and implementation of negotiation strategies aimed at securing access to necessary infrastructure through an aeronautical services agreement on commercial terms acceptable to Virgin Australia and aligned to our business objectives. Further, this role is responsible for managing commercial relationships with airports and facilitates the broader strategic engagement between their portfolio of airports and Virgin Australia stakeholders.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Have 10+ years’ experience in commercial roles
- Come with 5+ years’ people leadership experience
- Have a proven track record of successfully negotiating complex commercial arrangements with third parties
- Strong people and stakeholder management skills that enable credible and autonomous engagement of internal & external stakeholders to ensure infrastructure outcomes align with business needs
- Excellent writtenand verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex commercial issues targeted to internal and external stakeholders up to CFO & CEO level
- Are an accomplished problem-solver that enjoys enabling development of creative commercial solutions for your business
- Extensive experience in aviation, port, rail or electricity infrastructure industries
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply? We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.