Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. We’re on a mission to make flying better than ‘nice’. And to do that, it takes a team of talented people who are passionate about customer experience, doing the right thing always, with a focus on safety – in the air, on the ground and in our workplaces. A team who values real diversity and inclusion, in a big brand with big ambitions.
What you’ll be doing:
Working as part of a small team, this role will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the VA property and workspace strategy and its associated plans. The role will support the planning, designing and delivery of workplace design projects related to facilities, lounges and office space. It will do this by providing technical design advice and recommendations on industry leading workspace solutions, intended to enhance the property value proposition.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Come with 5 yrs experience working in major infrastructure industry or in organisations with significant infrastructure portfolio as a design technical expert.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the construction process (spanning design, planning, cost estimations, procurement and build phases).
- Have proficient knowledge of Building Code of Australia, relevant Australian and International Standards, WH&S, legal compliance, sustainability, and environmental guidelines.
- Come with high level written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills – ability to communicate at all levels with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Have ttention to detail, ability to work independently, excellent time management.
- Have strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Are proficient use of Microsoft Office suite and ArchiCAD or similar design software
- Have strong analytical and strategic problem solving skills.
- Have a tertiary qualification in architecture, built environment, project management or engineering
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
Ready to apply? We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.