Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
The objective of the Business Systems Manager role is to partner with business areas, understand their strategies and capability needs and manage the Customer and Digital technology that supports them. This role holds accountability for the initiative delivery, services and life-cycle support specific to the Customer & Digital portfolio, including assessment of new or improved capabilities in line with Business strategies and the Technology Roadmap.
This role holds accountability for the initiative delivery, services and life-cycle support specific to the Customer & Digital portfolio, including assessment of new or improved capabilities in line with Business strategies and the Technology Roadmap.
The Business Systems Manger will facilitate execution of business cases, delivery of projects, and manage relationships with key stakeholders and vendors within the established IT framework.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with senior managers and product owners to build a prioritised roadmap of improvements to internal systems aligned to Business strategies.
- Provide expert product and service support and partner with internal technology teams to fulfil service obligations.
- Support both agile and waterfall ways of working minimising contention between teams.
- Coordinate the delivery of consistent and effective technology services and projects.
- Set clear expectations and ensure KPIs are in place for all team members, linked to organisational objectives.
- Work collaboratively with IT peers to overcome resource and other IT contention issues affecting delivery.
- Own all internal systems for the portfolio including future developments, in line with the Technology Roadmap.
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- Airline industry experience, specifically in customer and digital area.
- Experience managing enterprise operational systems, both large and small scale.
- Strong leadership, collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience in portfolio management and managing projects.
- Experience with technologies related to this portfolio in a similar role.
- Experience working with stakeholders throughout large migration projects, including adoption of new technologies.
- Understanding business and technical requirements, analysis, writing business cases, business process modelling and data mapping
- Experience negotiating both with internal and external parties, managing budgets.
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.