Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to);
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Manager Operations Risk and Business Support, the Airline Publications and Compliance Officer will integrate with the Airline Publications Team to manage the end-to-end document management process by ensuring contemporary operational and regulatory documentation is available for use by our operational team members across VARA.
Part of this role is responsible for supporting processes related to publication, printing and distribution of manuals and other key operational documentation to aircraft and flight crew members. The other part of this role ensures VARA’s processes and regulatory approvals are compliant with regulator requirements, recorded appropriately and audited periodically.
Key role responsibilities:
- Support document revision cycle processes including updating, publishing and distributing procedure manuals to aircraft and stakeholders
- Maintain and ensure accurate and timely records within our Compliance Statement and Approvals Register
- Managing our publication and compliance inboxes, including assignment and registration of tasks
- Assist with distribution of documentation both physically and electronically
- Action Projects and manual updates as required
Please note that some weekend and after-hours work, as well as travel across the network, is required in order to ensure Virgin Australia meets its print and distribution obligations, however you will receive time in lieu each month accordingly.
Who we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of document control practices & standards
- Experience working within a highly regulated environment including compliance related responsibilities, ideally within the aviation industry
- Experience in or ability to write, revise, and identify errors / omissions in Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience in data report generation and data analysis
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Adobe Acrobat – PDF
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards of quality
- Experience in training, project management will be highly regarded
- A strong focus on continuous process improvement
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
COVID-19 :The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.