- Permanent full-time position
- 24/7 rotating roster
- Brisbane Based
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
A team player who enjoys working within a dynamic fast paced environment, who is an excellent planner, organiser and communicator. The engineering team welcomes driven, reliable, independent, and resilient people who are passionate about contributing to process improvement and efficiencies.
This role works between our head office and Brisbane airport hangar within a 24/7 rotating roster.
What you’ll be doing:
The Supply Operations Coordinator ensures all time and operationally critical material requests, and defect related demands are fulfilled in a timely and cost effective manner.
Additionally you will also
- Create, edit, cancel and mange all requisitions using TRAX order creation system
- Coordinate material collections by approved customers
- Provide supply chain solutions, contingency plans and commercial outcomes for time critical demands
- Maintain compliance with Virgin Australia’s procedures and work instructions
- Raise reports for significant events that may have a safety, quality or compliance implications
- Provide input and promote opportunities to review and improve processes and procedures
- Provide updates on all open demands
- Maintain the Defect Status Report with latest material requirement information
- Quote price and availability of Virgin owned material to third parties (customers)
- Create & manage Purchase, Exchange, Rental, Sale, and Loan orders
- Support Technical Operation & engineering teams
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Have come from a procurement or supply chain background
- Have experience using TRAX ERP system
- Hold knowledge of supply chain principles
- Are able to navigate IPC, CMM, and Material Spec data
- Have a solid understanding of the CASR Part 42 Continuing Airworthiness Regulations
- Are proficient with MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint and Word application (intermediate level)
- Strong ability to assess scenarios and plan outcomes in the most effective manner
- Are able to prioritize work requirements in an operationally fluid environment
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you.