Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues, and our wider community.
Who we’re looking for:
As our Legal Team Coordinator, you’ll support a dynamic, high-performing team with a broad range of challenging and rewarding administrative and organisational tasks. You will have recent experience as a personal assistant or team/office coordinator in a fast-paced corporate environment. The ideal candidate has exceptional time management and administration skills, is able to adapt and react to changing priorities, takes pride in keeping their team organised, and always looks for ways to improve existing processes.
You will be a fast learner and a confident communicator with the ability to form strong relationships and liaise with a diverse group of stakeholders across the Virgin Australia Group.
What you’ll be doing:
Play an important role in supporting the Head of Legal and Head of Ethics and Compliance with a broad range of administrative tasks, including diary/calendar management, new team member induction and coordinating legal and compliance training programs for the business.
Provide support to the Chief Legal and Risk Officer, Head of Legal and Head of Ethics and Compliance with key reporting deliverables, including for the Virgin Australia Group Boards, executive and committees using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
Support the Head of Legal in managing centralised workflow email inboxes and coordinating allocation of work to the Legal team.
Provide general administrative support to the Legal team, including by coordinating team member events, drafting and editing documents, undertaking legal research tasks and maintaining safe custody of legal documents.
Becoming a go-to person for team member, supporting their use of Legal technology platforms.
Providing support for Legal process improvement initiatives, including through the use of new types of technology.
Be responsible for maintaining and updating the Legal team intranet pages (using Microsoft Sharepoint) with new content
Acting as a liaison between the Legal team and key internal and external stakeholders and develop strong relationships across all levels of the organisation.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Have at least 3 years’ experience working as a personal assistant or office/team coordinator in a legal or corporate office environment.
- Have a high level of skill in using the Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Are confident learning new technology platforms. It is advantageous if you have experience working with Legal technology platforms, including matter management and document management systems.
- Have exceptional attention to detail that you can apply in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Have excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Are calm under pressure and can pivot and adapt to support changing business priorities.
- Are confident interacting with a broad range of stakeholders across all levels of the organisation.
- Have a highly professional approach and can work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Are innovative, with a demonstrated ability to develop and implement process improvement initiatives to improve efficiencies.
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year).
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home).
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide.
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership.
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts.
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform.
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial.
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.