Aircraft Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Based at Brisbane Airport
- Travel benefits for you and your family!
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We are constantly re-designing our business for future success, ramping up flying, simplifying our organisational structure, growing our fleet, and delivering a deeper investment in technology and customer experience. The Technical Operations divisions play a critical role in ensuring the continuous airworthiness, reliability and configuration of the Virgin Australia aircraft fleets, whilst satisfying regulatory and company requirements.
Who we are looking for:
Our Aircraft Maintenance Organisation (AMO) is responsible for the delivery of safe and efficient aircraft maintenance services to Virgin Australia. We have a unique Full Time opportunity for an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical), conducting maintenance activities under supervision of a Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAME), ensuring regulatory and airworthiness requirements are fully met.
- Perform operational duties in accordance with company exposition and procedures in various work environments
- Notifying LAME of any significant defects found during maintenance activities and tooling requirements
- Ensuring that all maintenance activities are conducted safely and in accordance with the relevant manuals, company procedures and regulations
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices in the work area
What you need to be successful:
- Demonstrated experience in Aircraft Line Maintenance and Heavy Maintenance activity
- A certificate IV in Aeroskills or equivalent
- An understanding of aircraft flight operations, flight safety and airworthiness considerations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the engineering team and strong team working skills
- Proactive commitment to safe work practises
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- This role will operate on a PNS 4 day on, 4 days off shift pattern.
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations and be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.