Sydney based (with WFH flexibility)
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
Who we’re looking for:
A strategic thinker who can tackle ambiguous problems, accelerate growth, bring definition and clarity to measurement, and creatively test & learn to accelerate value.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll help us unlock value from our data, enable rich data-driven customer experiences, and drive measurement and insights to help Virgin become the most loved airline in Australia.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- Strong competency with SQL and cloud platforms such as Databricks, Snowflake or GCP a plus!
- Experience in hypothesis testing and statistical inference to objectively and confidently measure the incrementality of our strategy and actions
- Highly numeric with strong communication skills and the ability to communicate highly complex information in clear and simple language.
- Ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way.
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.