Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
The Information Security function at VA is a holistic capability, incorporating security operations capability, risk management and business outreach. Security operations engineering is the bridge between threat intelligence and security operations monitoring. If you are an engineer or analyst with a cross-functional interest in integrating engineering practices with security operations, then we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the detection engineering process and maintain effective security monitoring that is aligned with Virgin Australia’s threat perception.
- Define and execute a roadmap for establishing observability and alerting over log sources which will enhance Virgin Australia’s preventative, detective and response controls.
- Lead the onboarding, optimising and tuning of log sources in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).
- Develop creative methods to enhance the fidelity and correlation of alerts by enriching it with the organisational context coming from structured (e.g., Active Directory and Configuration Management Database) and unstructured (e.g., CSV files) sources.
- Support security operations in the development of new use cases by laying the groundwork for monitoring.
- Automate the repeatable processes of security operations to reduce the mean times for alerting and response.
- Develop routines to utilise the Security Operations Automation and Response (SOAR) capabilities for the SIEM.
- Make sure that the security operations stack and its point solutions like the SIEM, Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), vulnerability management tool, cloud security platform, web application firewall and mail security gateway remain up-to-date and optimised.
- Develop bespoke tooling like dashboards, playbooks, runbooks, workbooks, widgets, scanners and scripts to assist risk management and security operations.
- Constantly strive to reduce the alert fatigue in security operations by introducing the right automation and enrichment processes.
- Engineer temporary mitigations for critical vulnerabilities and produce decision analytics for the vulnerability management process.
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- Demonstrated experience in either security engineering or security operations.
- Proven skills in implementing, operating or using a SIEM or EDR.
- A strong command over scripting languages like Python and query languages like SQL.
- An understanding of the intricacies of log management and log formats like Syslog, Common Event Format and Log Extended Event Format.
- Exposure to modern enterprise infrastructure operations spanning a multi-cloud environment and hybrid Active Directory regime.
- An ability to leverage the ‘API-first’ nature of point solutions and infrastructure technologies to create automation and data gathering routines.
- A conceptual understanding or exposure to full-stack engineering and Agile.
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.