Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Working within Virgin Australia’s Facilities and Workplace Services team, you will be responsible for ensuring all employees and contractors have correct identification and access to enter facilities deemed necessary to fulfil their operational requirements. This is an operationally critical role driving and implementing strict guidelines around Access and Identification for Virgin Australia. The role is based in the Brisbane Head Office with some flexibility to WFH. It will initially be a 12 month contract.
Additionally, you will also be responsible for
- Facilitating and maintaining access control and ASIC (Aviation Security Identification Card) databases
- Managing the Access and Identification email inbox and associated functions
- Managing the flow of ASIC applications in the ASIC Self Service Portal
- Undertaking audits of the ASIC system and processes
- Reporting any issues with the ASIC system and working with the developer for their rectification
- Ensure access to facilities is disabled upon notification of cessation of staff employment
- Liaise with Internal Departments, external Government agencies and third party contractors
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- A strong eye for detail and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures when dealing with high volumes of work.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficient use of the Microsoft suite of applications (Excel; & Word).
- Experience in maintaining and use of databases for analysis and reporting.
- Experience in the development and implementation of procedures to accomplish compliance with regulations
- Great communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to clearly communicate across all levels of Virgin Australia and external contractors
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.