Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
The objective of the Digital Product Owner role is to bring our digital strategy to life by building features, products and experiences that our guests love.
The product owner will create joyful and seamless experiences for our guests, without exposing limitations. Their manifesto is to meet and exceed expectations of internal and external stakeholders leading digital product development and transformation projects for across our airline. Collaboration is at the heart of all that you do, a goal can only be reached utilising the expertise and skills of others.
** This is a 12 months FTC role based in either Brisbane or Sydney **
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for converting the product roadmap into an actionable backlog, prioritising that backlog through value/effort assessments and customer desirability and driving predictable delivery through the multiple squads
- Accountable for ensuring that commercial and customer objectives and product improvement opportunities are translated into high quality backlogs, user stories and epics
- Responsible for leading the squad's delivery, making sure they know what to focus on and have enough detail and runway to deliver
- Front door into the squad; collaborates with the product manager on all matters, and with business stakeholders when priorities are in active delivery
- Identify, define and improve broken, fragmented or non-functional experiences in the digital channel
- Accountable to measure, report and achieve product KPIs at a product and team level
- Responsible for data driven decision making through analytics, financial and customer driven analysis
- Focus on iterative delivery to solve customer and business needs, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Build strong knowledge of digital technologies, functionality and capability used across the digital product suite
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- 2-4 years experience leading agile projects, product and/or cross functional teams
- Strong skills in analytics utilising the Adobe Analytics suite and Power BI
- Knowledge of Html, CSS, accessibility guidelines and SEO practices is desirable
- Knowledge of platforms used in our product owner teams including Confluence, Jira and Sharepoint
- Strong interpersonal skills ensuring valuable relationships are created and maintained, ensuring the team and department’s reputation is exceptional
- Previous experience working across complex technology stacks
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.