Safety Reporting Specialist
- Brisbane based
- Permanent, full time opportunity
- Pivotal role in the analysis of safety-critical data
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
The objective of the Safety Data Specialist role is to develop and continually improve the Safety Management System; systems, processes and interfaces to ensure data integrity, support safety data analysis and reporting systems and provide analysis and recommendations for business requirements to improve safety outcomes.
The role is also responsible for analysing methods and alternative models for presentation of risk and safety data and initiate action to solve problems and improve existing systems. Additionally, this role will help in mapping out systems processes and assist as a subject matter expert capacity to implement system updates and upgrades.
- Proactively design, measure, and continuously improve key risk and safety metrics and reporting capability
- Provide critical information to assist operational departments in risk and safety related matters
- Maintain and continuously improve the data integrity of all reporting sources
- Map internal systems architecture and processes to ensure systems are integrated and highly automated where possible
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency and quality of existing processes
- Identify and implement new data sources to improve reporting capability
- Contribute to relevant business projects as a subject matter expert
- Research and adopt current best practice regarding data management and analytical techniques
What you need to be successful:
- Ability to develop relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong technical understanding of Power BI and SQL and other analytical programs
- Tertiary qualification in Business Management, IT or similar would be beneficial
- Demonstrated experience building and managing datasets and presenting data in a clear and concise format
- Excellent problem solving, organisational and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work proactively, autonomously and make good decisions
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Some understanding of airline or similar logistics operations
- Strong time management and organisational skills
What you’ll get from us:
Our people make Virgin Australia what it is. They’re the legends at Virgin HQ, the warm welcome at check in, the bright sparks who light up our aircraft cabins, and the cheeky grinning faces having a ball on the tarmac. In other words, the living embodiment of Virgin’s fun laid back, authentic spirit.
That’s why we’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Opportunities for career progression
- Robust training (No experience? No dramas!)
- Recognition program Virgin Flair program with ability to earn velocity points
- Family friendly polices
We are also committed to being a partner in your success. Whilst we are looking for independent learners and knowledge seekers, we will ensure you are delivered a robust training program, both in classroom and online to ensure you have the best start to your new career.
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.
For further information on this role, please review the position description below.
PD - Safety Reporting Specialist - .pdf