Leader, Business Direct Marketing
Southbank, Brisbane (3 days in the office, 2 days WFH)
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
Exciting opportunity to work as a central part of the Direct Marketing team, developing engaging marketing programs, primarily in the email channel. You will be developing and executing manual and automated CRM activities across our databases, including; Virgin Australia Business Flyer, Trade and Large-Market Corporate. Working across the Direct Marketing and B2B functions, you’ll identify and maximise cross-promotion and content activities, while balancing revenue outcomes with a wonderful customer experience.
This role currently has one direct report.
Further responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the team and key stakeholders across the business that lead B2B direct marketing, including; Revenue Management, Trade Marketing, Sales, Brand and Virgin Australia Business Flyer
- Develop roadmap to achieve quality and frequent communications, revenue and customer satisfaction goals
- Provide plans, forecasts and reporting on all activity
- Represent B2B direct marketing in technical projects, particularly in the data and platform areas
- Collaborate with Velocity colleagues on mutual loyalty opportunities
- Optimise use of marketing technology platforms
- Coach direct-report team member to deliver efficient, high quality work
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and allocation of tasks for self and one team member
- Be ‘hands on’ and working within the CRM platforms
- Determine optimal model for delivery for programs, like where to engage a larger cross-functional team and secure specialised support as required
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and supplier partners to deliver new capabilities (e.g. acquiring new datasets)
- Incorporate segmentation models into channel roadmaps
- Continued analysis/enhancement of digital marketing initiatives to ensure increased performance and revenue delivery
- Every campaign considers test & learn principles
- Develop creative and experiences that our customers will love
- Articulate our product offering and support customers to commit to our market position
Who we’re looking for:
- Relevant tertiary or equivalent business qualification
- Campaign lifecycle management
- Advanced knowledge of marketing automation platforms like Adobe Campaign, Salesforce or Unica
- Highly analytical with a strong ability with data and numbers. Can confidently use numbers to tell a story to key stakeholders
- Can build strong relationships with stakeholders and educate and influence them to make sound decisions
- Resourcing planning, revenue budget & forecasting management experience
- Demonstrated experience in a commercial and technical environment
- Leadership skills
- Strong skillset and knowledge of data-driven and digital marketing techniques and processes
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to) ;
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.