Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
The Data Engineer role will be responsible for ingesting data into our modern data platform, assembling large, complex datasets and providing frameworks and services for operating on that data, enabling the business to deliver on reporting, dashboarding, marketing and advanced analytics initiatives.
Your proven experience working on cloud based modern data platforms will be highly regarded in this role. This background teamed with superior communication skills will ensure you build and manage effective stakeholder relationships, enabling the successful delivery of data initiatives.
The role requires effective relationship management across numerous internal and external stakeholders and service providers, ensuring alignment across various business drivers and objectives.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, reducing cost through efficiency gains etc.
- Review, test and recommend new technologies periodically to ensure we remain aware of the forefront of technology.
- Develop robust data pipelines and tools making critical business data available to other teams.
- Support both agile and waterfall ways of working minimising contention between teams.
- Data migration to support data transformation programs of work.
- Ingest data into our modern data platform, assemble large, complex datasets, and provide frameworks and services for operating on that data
You’ll be great in this role if you:
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.