Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
Collaborate with the Velocity Senior Leadership Team to evolve our agile practices to deliver on the needs of the business and our customers. You will play an active role across the full transformation and optimisation spectrum, from shaping the journey and reporting on delivery with senior management to hands-on coaching with teams.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support Velocity to practice an agile way of working that puts Velocity members and Virgin Australia Group customers at the centre of the business.
- Direct management of 2 Agile Coaches.
- Manage and champion Agile WoW at Velocity, working with SLT to drive accountability and continuous improvement of practice to increase efficiency and improve value delivery.
- Own the agile transformation plan and work with Senior Leaders in its evolution to meet changing business needs.
- Ensure everyone is clear on the transformation plan and has what they need to execute at the highest level.
- Guide all squads to use Agile/Scrum practices and values in a practical manner that increases team efficiencies.
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Agile practices and mindsets.
- Run Product Owner and Scrum Master communities of practice.
- Ensure all activities are managed within established budgets, aligned with best practices and complied with mandatory standards.
- Facilitate key agile forums including quarterly organisational planning days.
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to launch new squads.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Experience leading Agile capabilities in a large complex organisation.
- Background in driving an Agile WoW in a commercial and/or technical setting.
- Proven experience working with senior and executive leadership to develop and implement Agile practices.
- Experience in an advisory/transformation partner role.
- Proven ability to identify and implement change.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder liaison skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of an Agile framework.
- Proven leadership/coaching of Agile squads.
- Loyalty or travel experience (desirable).
- Relevant qualification in Business or Information Technology.
- Scrum Master certification (desirable).
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.