Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) Administrator and Performance Analyst
- Perth based position within the VARA team
- Full time permanent opportunity
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive EFB Administrator to manage and administer the Electronic Flight Bag hardware and software, in accordance with company policy and in consultation with manual suite owners. You will use the Virgin Australia Regional Safety Management System principals to manage any change or risk management and initiate further development of EFB functions that drive positive safety and cost reduction outcomes.
You will oversee, maintain and develop aircraft performance data in accordance with company policy and CASA standards to ensure the safety and compliance of our aircraft.
What you’ll be doing:
This role is a full time regulatory position working within the Virgin Australia Regional Airline (VARA) Flight Operations team. You will work closely with the Flight Operations stakeholders to ensure user satisfaction with EFB useability and functuality as well as being responsible for:
- Developing and managing initiatives to continuously improve and innovate EFB efficiency, commensurate with the highest training standards and safety awareness;
- Drive continuous improvement of EFB systems ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Develop and implement training processes for crew that support efficient use of the EFB including non-technical skills;
- Manage and oversee revision control methods and/or vendor update cycle, updates of the EFB database’s ensuring the integrity of the EFB operation;
- Manage hardware and component stocks including validation of iPad operation following an EFB repair or replacement along with managing the operational spares;
- Manage the Virgin Australia IT relationship to support VARA EFB product and users
- Maintain aircraft performance data including the provision of aircraft takeoff and landing performance and its publication in accordance with company policy and CASA standards
- Collating data from the users to be able to compile data for reporting and system configuration.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
Have a strong IT focus and understanding of Microsoft applications, Power BI, sharepoint and awareness of IOS products and compatibility would be beneficial. You will need to have the ability to communicate with stakeholders from all levels, have a professional attitude, a strong eye for detail and can work autonomously as well as within a team environment.
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.