Payroll Project Specialist
Maximum-Term Contract until December, 2023 with potential to go permanent
Brisbane, Full-Time (3 days in the office and up to 2 days WFH per week)
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Virgin Payroll team in a Project capacity. The objective of the Payroll Project Specialist is to undergo all relevant payroll project activities, to ensure that our projects are delivered correctly, on time and meet the business needs. The role also encompasses the support of system change implementation as the business requires, as well as participating in payroll improvement projects.
- Contribute to process improvement by identifying and delivering payroll and service delivery improvement activities.
- Be aware of impacts that Oracle changes have on upstream and downstream systems and proactively manage these to minimise disruption to BAU processes.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with People and Culture, Workplace Relations, rostering teams and other internal stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the Payroll Services Manager, manage business expectations efficiently.
- Support the Payroll Systems Lead to ensure Oracle is capable of processing day to day pay runs.
- Work with the Payroll Systems Lead to fix Oracle problems and implement Oracle changes as required by the business.
- Work with the Payroll Systems Specialist to ensure Oracle is configured for the business to meets its taxation, superannuation, entitlement and other legislative and statutory obligations.
- Assist in project related data cleansing activities and audits of Oracle Payroll, to ensure compliance with legislative requirements in respect of leave accruals, PAYG, superannuation, STP and payroll tax.
- In conjunction with the Payroll Services Manager establish a culture of high performance, professionalism and continuous improvement that encourages individuals to identify opportunities and solutions to improve service delivery, achieve outcomes and meet established deadlines.
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience managing Payroll Projects (system changes, system upgrades, process changes, etc.)
- At least 5 years Payroll experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced understanding of PAYG, superannuation, payroll tax, salary sacrifice and other deductions, as well as leave accruals
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Project Management experience is highly desirable
- Open to taking on this role as a Maximum-Term contract until December, 2023 (with potential to become permanent)
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (you will be able to work from home at least 3 days per fortnight)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.