Full-Time, Maximum-Term contract until December 2023 (with potential to go permanent)
Brisbane (1-2 days WFH per week)
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
The Payroll Specialist role is a senior position within our Payroll team. The objective of the Payroll Specialist is to ensure that end-to-end payroll processing is delivered accurately and on time. The role also encompasses the support of system change implementation as the business requires, as well as participating in payroll improvement projects.
- Coordinate and ensure delivery of the end-to-end payroll processing in a reliable, accurate and timely manner.
- Review all pay reconciliations and prepare for sign-off by the Manager, Payroll Services.
- Manage workflow for Senior Payroll/Payroll Officers from pay runs to periodical supports tasks.
- Identify errors in the pay and provide fast solutions during payroll processing activities.
- Support the Payroll Systems Specialist to ensure Oracle is capable of processing day to day pay runs.
- Ensure the systematic aspects of payroll processing and associated activities, overpayment recovery, leave management and reporting are accurate and delivered with established timeframes.
- Work with the Payroll Systems Specialist to ensure Oracle is configured for the business to meets its taxation, superannuation, entitlement and other legislative and statutory obligations.
- Assist regular audits of Oracle Payroll to ensure compliance with legislative requirements in respect of leave accruals, PAYG, superannuation, STP and payroll tax.
- Assist in providing timely and accurate responses on payroll matters including the resolution of difficult enquiries from the business.
- Assist with the mentoring and coaching of Senior Payroll/Payroll Officers within the team.
- Provide support with EOM & EOY tasks, ensuring that all statutory and non-statutory remittances are made accurately and on time.
- In conjunction with the Payroll Services Manager establish a culture of high performance, professionalism and continuous improvement that encourages individuals to identify opportunities and solutions to improve service delivery, achieve outcomes and meet established deadlines.
Who we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years Payroll experience, ideally in a high volume environment, including work allocation and monitoring
- Experience in the finalisation and delivery of end-to-end pay cycles, across multiple periods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret complex Enterprise Agreements is desirable
- Advanced understanding of PAYG, superannuation, payroll tax, salary sacrifice and other deductions, as well as leave accruals
- Experience training junior team members, or experience mentoring others
- Some project management experience is desirable
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (you will be able to work from home at least 3 days per fortnight)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.