Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
We have multiple Permanent and Secondment opportunities for Procurement Operations Advisor within our Procurement team.
Who we’re looking for:
You will love solving problems and are able to think analytically and logically. You are flexible, have a strong attention to detail, are customer focused and an ability to influence and engage with senior stakeholders. We need driven, reliable, independent and resilient people to join the Procurement team who are effective communicators and able to manage delivery of multiple deliverables.
What you’ll be doing:
Supporting the end to end process facilitating efficient and effective source to payment of third-party suppliers across the group. You will focus on contract and supplier administration, P2P support and source to pay query resolution and management.
Additionally you will
- Support the supplier creation process and validate supplier data ensuring accuracy of vendor master files
- Monitor and ensure accuracy of payment terms across contract, supplier records and CPA/BPAs
- Lead vendor master file cleansing and accuracy
- Convert purchase requisitions into purchase orders and other ad hoc related tasks
- Purchase order management including monitoring receipts, validating ageing PO and supporting bulk receipting processes
- Support ad hoc reconciliation of invoices
- Mange and resolve queries in a timely manner
- Triage queries outside of remit, escalate and track resolution
- Act as an advocate for efficient source to pay processes
- Be a trusted advisor of the procurement and purchasing policies and governance framework
- Advocate for process improvement and participate in finance portfolio meetings identifying opportunities for innovation and improved efficiencies of the end to end Oracle P2P process
What you need to be successful:
- Hold a higher education certificate or a tertiary qualification preferably in Finance
- At least two years’ experience in a procurement or purchasing finance role
- An intermediate understanding of financial accounting practices and Oracle financial systems
- Experience in utilising query management systems to track work activity
- General procurement or sourcing to payment knowledge
What you will get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
You might end up with a group title, but you’re all individuals. We love that. And want you to be yourself. Whoever that is. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, those of you with disabilities, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI community, and anyone else who wants to join our rich, diverse culture.
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of the Virgin Australia Network Control Team, then we encourage you to submit your application now!