Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
Provide generalist HR advice across Virgin Australia businesses. As the first point of contact for all people matters, you will resolve customer queries, providing high levels of customer service and advice.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide advice to managers and employees in the interpretation of workplace agreements and HR policies.
- Continue to monitor, review and implement changes to HR policies to ensure accurate and consistent information is provided to employees.
- Provide coaching and advice to management in relation to conducting employee disciplinary processes and first tier grievance and conflict management.
- Ensure accurate and robust documentation of employee matters.
- Support in the process of benchmarking roles, contract generation & HR reporting and analytics.
- Support key People team projects arising from the People plan using appropriate tools and processes based on business needs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders regarding People Matters – escalate and reallocate work as required to appropriate support tier.
- Be responsible for the ongoing management and updating of the People Team Live Tiles page.
- Manage compliance of all HR advice and services with governance protocols, ensuring that policies and procedures, as well as legislative requirements, are followed and adopted appropriately and consistently in the client portfolio.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- A HR degree or studying towards a HR discipline and/or generalist HR/IR experience in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Effective communication skills, with an ability to collaborate at all levels within the business.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the flexibility to work to SLA’s and multiple deadlines.
- An exceptional team player with a can-do attitude.
- System aptitude, with skills in a broad range of platforms, including Versa Case, Live Tiles, Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Power BI.
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.