- Key technical role within Virgin Engineering and Maintenance
- 18 Month Contract
- Role based at Brisbane Hangar
About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do
As a Fleet Engineer Structures you will be accountable for maintain continuing airworthiness through effective configuration control of aircraft structures for the operated fleet types, and initiate preventive or predictive maintenance strategies to improve aircraft technical dispatch reliability.
You will be responsible for the Assessment of Airworthiness Directives and Mandatory requirements for operated types to ensure compliance with CASR 42.120, as well as assessments of non-mandatory Instructions for Continuing Airworthiness (ICA) in accordance with CASR 42.130.
Additionally, you will be required to conduct assessments of aircraft modifications to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and applicable work instructions. You will also be responsible for conducting engineering Investigations of reportable defects on aircrafts.
The position is based at the Brisbane Hanger and, you will work closely with the Structures Leader.
What you need to be successful:
- Have a qualification in aircraft maintenance at least at Certificate IV level; or
- Have a qualification in aviation maintenance management at least at diploma level; or
- Engineering Degree in relevant discipline, or
- 5 years relevant work experience with at least 2 years working in either an airline technical services or support role; and or in an engineering and maintenance structures based leadership role in a Structures based discipline, for aircraft that are the same, or of a similar type, as the aircraft operated by the airline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Aircraft Structure; Classification, Design, Modification and Repair standards.
- The regulations and standards applicable to aircraft maintenance programs and reliability programs.
- Regular maintenance requirements included in the instruction for continuing airworthiness for the aircraft.
- The specifications and standards that have been used by the type certificate holder to develop regular maintenance requirements for the aircraft
- The aircraft’s certification basis
- The aircraft’s structure and systems, including the propulsion system, for the aircraft/engine type operated by the airline
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of the Virgin Family, then we encourage you to submit your application now!