- Max term 18 month contract
- Training and development from a supportive leadership team
- Flexible working arrangements
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do
What you’ll be doing as a Fleet Engineer Cabin Systems:
The objective of the Fleet Engineer Cabin role is to maintain continuing airworthiness through effective configuration control of aircraft Cabin for the operated fleet types, and initiate preventive or predictive maintenance strategies to improve aircraft technical dispatch reliability.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- have a qualification in aircraft maintenance at least at Certificate IV level or,
- have an engineering qualification at least at diploma level in any of the following disciplines: structures; mechanical or cabin systems
- relevant training course/s of the aircraft types operated by the airline are desirable
- 5 years relevant work experience with at least 2 years in an Airline
- Technical Services role for aircraft that are the same, or of a similar type, as the aircraft operated by the airline is desirable
- Knowledge of the regulations and standards applicable to aircraft maintenance programs and reliability programs.
- Knowledge of the specifications and standards that have been used by the type certificate holder to develop regular maintenance requirements for the aircraft
- Knowledge of the aircraft’s structure and cabin systems, aircraft type operated by the airline
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. And want we you to be yourself too. Whoever that is. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI community, and anyone else who wants to join our rich, diverse family.
At the Virgin Australia Group, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of the Fleet Performance team, then we encourage you to submit your application now!