- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Located at the Brisbane Airport Hangar
- Inclusive and collaborative team environment
About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Engineering team as a Fleet Engineer Powerplant. Reporting to the Powerplant Engineering Leader, this role is responsible for the configuration management of all Powerplant systems for Virgin Australia's fleet of Boeing 737-700/800 aircraft.
You will draw on your significant experience in an airline Technical Services Department or repairs station/overhaul shop, along with your demonstrated expertise in aircraft systems. An understanding of the financial implications of effective configuration management will be advantageous.
Additionally, you will:
- Service Document assessment in accordance with Virgin Australia Engineering Modification Policy
- Investigate Powerplant reportable defects for the fleet
- Respond to engineering issues raised in Engineering Support Requests [TSR]
- Complete technical assessment and action fleet configuration control requests
- Perform engine and APU Diagnostics
- Complete configuration control
- Assist with day-to-day operation
- Perform APU and engine shop visit management
What you need to be successful:
- Relevant work experience in an Airline Technical Services role
- Engineering degree would be beneficial with configuration control program and powerplant experience
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- TRAX experience
What you’ll get from us
- We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation, and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to spread your wings?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by submitting an application via the link.