- Growing fleet of aircraft including Boeing 737-8 and 737-10
- Variety of bases in Australia
- Minimum of 12 rostered days off per calendar month (full-time)
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little differently. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing . It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, team members and our wider community.
Who we’re looking for
With recent monthly guest volumes that have exceeded even pre-pandemic levels, we’re excited to be recruiting for Pilots to join our team as First Officers on the Boeing 737 Fleet.
Why join now
It’s a great time to join now, with progression and development opportunity and amazing work-life balance thanks to:
- A growing fleet of Boeing 737-8 and 737-10 aircraft. Our fleet has grown by more than 50% in the past two years, and we expect more to come!
- A minimum of 12 rostered days off per calendar month
- Roster options of full time, 75% or 50% of a full-time Pilot
- Variety of bases located in Australia
- Opportunities to move into Training and Checking roles
- Long-term career pathways with a growing, Australian airline
- Growing international network with New Zealand and Pacific Islands confirmed and a network that’s regularly expanding.
You’ll also have access to Virgin Australia’s extensive benefits including heavily discounted travel for you and your loved ones on our network and international airline partners, discounts on insurance, car hire, accommodation and insurance worldwide and a range of wellness support including a confidential Employee Assistance Program and the Better Me digital wellbeing platform.
You’ll be great in this role if you have…
- An Australian Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) or Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) and passes in all Australian ATPL theory subjects
- An Australian Part 61 Multi Engine Aeroplane (MEA) Instrument Rating endorsed with IAP 2D and IAP 3D
- Aviation English language proficiency Level 6
- A valid Australian Class 1 Medical Certificate
- A minimum of 500 hours total flight time which comprises either (a) 300 hours in command of a powered fixed wing aeroplane (excluding ICUS) and 200 hours in command of a multi-engine aircraft (excluding ICUS); or (b) 500 hours on a Boeing 737.
Submit an expression of interest
Recruitment for these roles will commence soon. Take the first step – apply today and one of our Talent team will be in touch.