Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
The objective of the Communications Engineer role is to engage with and support Virgin Australia's IT teams and business to deliver industry leading technologies. This is a pivotal role, collaborating with a range of stakeholders including architects, business domain owners, outsourcers and SMEs to provide technology transformation and help solve operationally critical problems. The role will be responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining equipment across various platforms such as Networking, UPS, Firewalls, Audio Visual, Radio and CCTV.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist team leads during operational support issues and incident management
- Ensure solutions are grounded in an understanding of the customer’s needs for both the initial delivery of the solutions through to the ongoing IT support
- Review technology performance and provide recommendations for improvements
- Attend airport and office locations for ongoing audit, hardware replacement and additions
- Works with Project teams and Technical SME’s to understand business needs
- Maintains productive relationships with relevant business areas and stakeholders to ensure internal and external customer centricity drives all decision making
You’ll be great in this role if you:
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.