People Programs Specialist
- Job Number: 506374
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Brisbane
- Categories: Other People, Generalist HR, Learning & Development
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
As the Programs Specialist you will report into the Head of People, Corporate, CFO and Velocity and become a go-to person supporting People initiatives with a particular focus across Leadership Development, Talent and Succession. We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, confident to interact with senior stakeholders and with a passion for Organisational Development and People Programs.
If you are looking to put your mark on a newly created role and launch your career in Virgin Australia read on!
Key aspects of the role include:
- This is a busy and diverse role that will see you work closely with the Head of People who is leading a range of projects and initiatives across Leadership Development, Talent and Succession.
- Your role will cover everything from admin support and event coordination to having the opportunity to step up and take ownership of the shaping of new People Programs.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to drive People Programs or other People initiatives.
- Oversee the development and roll out of Group Leadership Development training programs. to embed leadership framework.
- Contribute to regular reporting and analysis.
- Partner with P&C function to improve employee experience touch points.
- Support the design and rollout of Talent & Succession Programs across all levels.
- Degree qualified in HR, Business or a related field.
- A passion for Leadership Development, Organisational Development, Talent and Succession.
- You know what good looks like in People Programs and confident to take the initiative.
- Ability to think logically and creatively to develop pragmatic and effective plans for People initiatives.
- Result driven, with a hands-on approach to achieve results under pressure.
- Strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills to build effective relationships
- Happy to take on administration aspects required in a support role, highly organised and able to coordinate projects and ensure input from project team members.
- Agility and resilience to adapt to changing business priorities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Highly developed customer orientation and a demonstrated drive for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite and confident use of PowerPoint.
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year).
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home).
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide.
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership.
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts.
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital well-being platform.
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial.
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you.
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.
- Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
- Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend