Revenue Management Analyst, Commercial Acceleration Strategy
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
The Commercial Performance and Insights team reports to the Chief Commercial Officer, and work alongside other Commercial Divisions including Marketing, Revenue Management, Direct Distribution, SME and Sales.
We are building a new team and looking for a talented revenue management analyst. This is an incredible opportunity for an associate or senior associate looking to take the next step in their career.
The objective of the Revenue Management Analyst, Commercial Acceleration Strategy role is to provide support to both Head of and Manager of Commercial Acceleration Strategy. This includes supporting the development of the broader commercial strategy and transformation roadmap to achieve our aspiration and support the analysis to identify opportunities to accelerate value capture. This role will work also focus on selected deep dives into these opportunities (i.e. special projects) as part of a 4-6 weeks sprint, in particular related to Revenue Management opportunities (e.g. inventory and price settings optimisation). These special projects will be in collaboration with relevant commercial functions and other teams within the Virgin Australia Group. You will be required to lead complex analysis to measure initiative effectiveness, and insights to drive optimisation (especially related to inventory and pricing optimisation), actively participate and contribute to the Commercial Acceleration and Commercial Performance and Insights team of analysts, through experience sharing and work closely with relevant Data Science teams to augment commercial analytics to drive commercial outcomes.
In addition, this role will play a critical role in supporting the preparation of outputs to facilitate stakeholder management and decision making.
Key responsibilities -
- Support the workstream within special projects and selected deep-dives (in particular relating to Revenue Management) for value acceleration capture
- Support the development of commercial strategy and transformation
- Actively support the preparation for ELT/Board updates
- Proactively work with internal stakeholders across the commercial functions and across the VA Group
- Work closely with the Finance, Network and Revenue Management team (e.g. revenue forecasting)
- Support the Manager of Commercial Acceleration Strategy to identify and scope commercial opportunities and lead the sizing of commercial benefits and investments
- Support delivery and optimisation of initiatives as required, including tracking and measuring initiative effectiveness
The ideal candidate:
You will have 2+ years' experience in top-tier management/strategy consulting and ready to take the next step in your career in Commercial Acceleration Strategy with a focus on Revenue Management/Pricing. You will have a proven ability in translating business questions into critical analysis to prove or disprove hypothesis, interrogating and analysing large bodies of data to generate actionable insights and an ability to synthesis insights into a management level narrative to drive decision making.
You have a passion for commercial performance improvement strategy, specifically revenue management and would enjoy actively participating and contributing to the Commercial Acceleration and Commercial Performance and Insights team of analysts through experience sharing. You are comfortable working in a face paced environment, operating with ambiguity and enjoy the variety in working across different divisions. You enjoy proactively interrogating and analysing data to identify trends, gaps and opportunities, and understand drivers of commercial performance using Excel, BI and other analytical tools.
Experience and skills –
- Relevant Bachelor degree ( or relevant post grad degree would be desirable)
- 2+ years' experience in strategy/management consulting
- Experience in strategic pricing is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience in preparing CEO/Board level presentation
- Strong excel skills (competent in using BI tools would be desirable)
- Having aviation/travel knowledge is not essential, however highly desirable
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.