Analyst, Commercial Acceleration Strategy
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
The Commercial Performance and Insights team reports to the Chief Commercial Officer, and work alongside other Commercial Divisions including Marketing, Revenue Management, Direct Distribution, SME and Sales.
We are building a new team and looking for a talented analyst. This is an incredible opportunity for an associate or senior associate looking to take the next step in their career.
The objective of the Analyst, Commercial Acceleration Strategy role is to provide support to both Head of and Manager of Commercial Acceleration Strategy. This includes supporting the development of the broader commercial strategy and transformation roadmap to achieve our aspiration and support the analysis to identify opportunities to accelerate value capture. This role will work on selected deep dives into these opportunities (i.e. special projects) as part of a 4-6 weeks sprint. These special projects will be in collaboration with relevant commercial functions and other teams within the Virgin Australia Group. In addition, this role will play a critical role in supporting the preparation of outputs in order to facilitate stakeholder management and decision making.
Key responsibilities -
- Support the development of commercial strategy and transformation
- Support the workstream within special projects and selected deep-dives for value acceleration capture
- Support the Manager of Commercial Acceleration Strategy to identify and scope commercial opportunities and lead the sizing of commercial benefits and investments
- Proactively support the preparation for ELT/Board updates
- Proactively work with internal stakeholders across the commercial functions and across the VA Group
- Work closely with the Finance, Network and Revenue Management team (e.g. revenue forecasting)
- Support delivery and optimisation of initiatives as required, including tracking and measuring initiative effectiveness
- Actively participate and contribute to Commercial Acceleration and Commercial Performance and Insights team of analyst through experience sharing
- Proactively interrogate and analyse data to identify trends, gaps and opportunities, and understand drivers of commercial performance using Microsoft Excel, PowerBI and other analytical tools
The ideal candidate:
You will have 1-3 years' experience in top tier management/strategy consulting and ready to take the next step in your career in Commercial Acceleration Strategy. You will have a proven ability in translating business questions into critical analysis to prove or disprove hypothesis, interrogating and analysing large bodies of data to generate actionable insights and an ability to synthesis insights into a management level narrative to drive decision making.
You have a passion for commercial performance improvement strategy and would enjoy actively participating and contributing to the Commercial Acceleration and Commercial Performance and Insights team of analysts through experience sharing. You are comfortable working in a face paced environment, operating with ambiguity and enjoy the variety in working across different divisions.
Experience and skills –
- Relevant Bachelor degree (or relevant post grad degree would be desirable)
- 3+ years' experience in strategy/management consulting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience in preparing CEO/Board level presentation
- Strong excel skills (competent in using BI tools would be desirable)
- Having aviation/travel knowledge is not essential, however highly desirable
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.