Manager, Commercial Acceleration Strategy
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
The Commercial Performance and Insights team reports to the Chief Commercial Officer, and work alongside other Commercial Divisions including Marketing, Revenue Management, Direct Distribution, SME and Sales.
We are building a new team and we are looking for a talented leader. This is an incredible opportunity for a senior consultant looking to take the next step in their career and utilise the skills and strategic capabilities to support and develop this team and the wider business.
The objective of the Manager of Commercial Acceleration Strategy is to provide leadership support to the Head of Commercial Acceleration Strategy. This includes co-developing the broader commercial strategy and transformation roadmap to achieve our aspiration, and proactively identify opportunities to accelerate value capture. This role will lead a Commercial Acceleration Analyst and take ownership of selected deep-dives into these opportunities (i.e. special projects) as part of a 4-6 weeks sprint. These special projects will be in collaboration with relevant commercial functions and other teams within the Virgin Australia Group. In addition, this role will play a critical part in stakeholder management and support the preparation of outputs to communicate recommendations, analysis and value capture.
Key responsibilities -
- Proactively identify opportunities across commercial functions, and lead cross-functional coordination where required
- Lead a workstream within special projects and selected deep-dives for value acceleration capture
- Actively lead and support preparation for ELT/Board updates
- Proactively work with internal stakeholders across the commercial functions and across the VA Group
- Work closely with the Finance, Network and Revenue Management team (e.g. revenue forecasting)
- Actively contribute to Commercial Acceleration and Commercial Performance and Insights team of analysts, through best practice sharing
- Proactively interrogate and analyse data to identify trends, gaps and opportunities, and understand drivers of commercial performance using Microsoft Excel, PowerBI and other analytical tools
The ideal candidate:
You will have 3+ years' experience in top-tier management/strategy consulting and ready to take the next step in your career from an Experienced/Senior Consultant to the Manager of Commercial Acceleration Strategy. You will have a proven ability to successfully lead teams and promote a data led culture, to allow effective decision making across the commercial division. You have a passion for commercial performance improvement strategy and proven implementation experience. Furthermore, you have high attention to detail and experience interrogating and analysing large bodies of data to generate actionable insights and a desire to proactively seek opportunities for elite business performance; with the initiative to explore in detail. You are comfortable working in a face paced environment and enjoy the variety in working across different divisions.
Experience and skills –
- Relevant Bachelor degree (MBA or relevant post grad degree would be desirable)
- 3+ years' experience in strategy/management consulting
- Ability to synthesis insights into a management level narrative to drive decision making
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience in preparing CEO/Board level presentation
- Cross-industry benchmarking and application in sales and distribution performance
- Strong excel skills (competent in using BI tools would be desirable)
- Having aviation/travel knowledge is not essential, however highly desirable
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.