Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
The objective of the Senior API integration developer is to design, develop and maintain the core APIs and services across the Virgin Australia group. Reporting to Integration services lead, you will deliver a pivotal integration capability working with the internal teams and vendors on creation of new microservices and the migration program of existing SOA services which will enable VA & VFF to have greater integration across platforms aligned to the Technology strategic roadmap.
You will develop and manage the core services that will be utilised and enhanced at the edge by technology teams. You will be develop and manage reusable integration assets that will be critical to the delivery of key transformation programs across the organisation. As a senior team member in the Integration CoE, you will mentor API developers and other developers across various teams in VA on integration design patterns, best practices and standards and help enforce them.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the Integration services lead, solution designer, Integration platforms team and integration architect to design the Core APIs and Microservices with a focus on reusability
- Design and implement RESTful API services using Spring Boot and deploy in AWS
- Work with the extended vendor team to migrate SOA services into the new microservices based architecture
- Plan and document technical specifications for features or system design
- Monitor and manage microservices to meet SLAs
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- 5+ years of API and Microservices development using Java, Springboot in AWS and 2+ years in AWS cloud
- Experience with event driven architecture is desirable
- Experience designing and implementing integrations on microservices based architecture and using DevOps tools & frameworks for managing infrastructure as code (CI/CD) like Cloud Formation, Terraform, Jenkins, Git etc
- Strong experience with systems integration, Springboot, APIs (SOAP, REST), API Management platform (Apigee), events streaming (Kafka) and containerisation (Kubernetes / Docker)
- Experience agile development methodologies specifically SCRUM
- Modern Java (at least version 11)
- Spring Boot (at least version 2)
- Cloud technology AWS preferred
- Docker (building images, managing a Docker repository)
- Event Streaming (Apache Kafka) -Messaging (ActiveMQ)
- SQL (Oracle RDBMS, Amazon RDS -Postgres)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, Mongo Atlas)
- Web services (RESTful, SOAP, HTTP)
- API Gateway (Apigee Edge or Apigee X)
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.