Network Planning Analyst
Brisbane (flexibility to work from home some days)
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
The Network Planning team is responsible for the planning and design of the Virgin Australia Group route network – we look at where we fly to, when we fly and how often we fly there. The team monitors route performance across all market segments in accordance with the overall network strategy. Our objective is to provide a strong route network and schedule that makes us first choice for our heartland customers and drives profit by optimizing capacity around demand, focusing on revenue generation, cost productivity and operational robustness. This is a highly sought after role in the aviation industry, as the work is incredibly interesting and no two days are the same.
The objective of the Network Planning Analyst is to support the development of Virgin Australia’s network through:
- Undertaking analysis of new and existing markets;
- Monitoring and analysing competitor and market activity;
- Reviewing Virgin Australia and partner schedules to enhance network development and connectivity; and
- Performing other analysis that informs decisions on fleet/capacity deployment
- Monitoring historical performance of markets and identify opportunity for performance improvement
- Business case development and formulation and identification of incremental earning opportunities on new and existing routes
- Assist with schedule design for seasonal schedule and budget building
- Development of briefs and presentations summarising market performance
- Monitor competitor activity related to fleet purchases and competitor’s capacity by market and communicate changes to key internal stakeholders
- Assist in developing reports to communicate key internal and external data to internal users
- Support key stakeholders in Network Planning process (Network Management, Revenue Management, Sales, Marketing, Government Relations)
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a well rounded individual that has strong analytical skills, the ability to work with ambiguous information and well honed communication skills and stakeholder management. This role touches nearly every team in the business, so your stakeholder management skills will be vital. You will be able to work with large sets of data and pull out the key aspects.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Tertiary qualification in airline, economics or business disciplines is desirable, but not essential
- 2 years’ experience in a commercial role
- Strong analytical skills and inquisitive when approaching complex problems
- Ability to form succinct, easy to understand presentations
- Scheduling skills are desirable (and any experience with Power BI, SAS, Python or TM1 will be highly regarded)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in a team environment and with cross-functional teams
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Great company culture in an exciting, growing industry
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.