Insurance & Funding Analyst
South Brisbane (with Work From Home 2-3 days)
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
What you’ll be doing:
The objective of the Insurance & Funding Analyst role is to be responsible for providing critical support to the Manager, Insurance and the broader Treasury team, ensuring the timely and efficient day to day management of Insurance tasks and processing of claims for the Virgin Australia Group. You will also be supporting the broader Treasury team in “middle office” areas such as KYC, financial covenant compliance, issuance of Letters of Credit and lease administration.
The Insurance department forms part of the broader Group Treasury function and is responsible for monitoring and implementing coverage of all insurable risks including aircraft hull & war risks, public liability, property risks, Directors’ & Officers cover, etc. The team also manages claims to ensure prompt recovery of losses should they occur.
- Support the Manager, Insurance with the provision of technical advice to the business on insurance risks and requirements, with a focus on pro-active client relationships rather than reactive
- Engage with key stakeholders across the business to assist in the assessment and review of the applicable insurance risks and assist in determining mitigating actions in line with the Insurance Risk Management Policy
- Assist in reviewing and critically appraising contracts which have significant insurance risks and provide the business with guidance and advice on mitigation and Insurance best practice to avoid risks occurring or to reduce impact
- Continuously review and manage corporate risk register for Insurance
- Assisting with renewals of all insurance policies prior to expiry to ensure the Groups continued coverage
- Managing all certification requirements to ensure certificates are supplied to all key external parties to meet contractual and compliance obligations
- Assist with the preparation of reports to senior management on status of insurance market including status of underwriters, market capacity and key trends in policy coverage
- Assist in managing the insurance claims process with insurers, lawyers and loss adjusters to ensure all relevant costs can be recovered, including management of third party costs
- Influencing/negotiating successful claim outcomes for the Group and where necessary attendance at settlement conferences to represent the Groups interests
Who we’re looking for:
- Tertiary qualification, or previous work experience in; Finance, Law, Commerce or related discipline.
- Ability to understand contracts and identify potential corporate governance issues
- Previous experience in a comparable role
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, with an ability to conduct specialist reviews of diverse operational areas of potential risk, analysing trends and providing advice and target actions to mitigate risks where possible
- Strong ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across a range of areas/expertise
- General Insurance experience within an Underwriting or Broking role is desirable
- Commercial contract review and negotiation experience from an insurance or risk perspective is desirable
- Prior experience with funding or leasing transactions and documentation is also desirable
What you’ll get from us:
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.