Manager, Integration Services
- Job Number: 506290
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Brisbane
- Categories: IT Infrastructure
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
About the role:
The objective of the Manager, Integration Platforms and Services role is to uplift the Virgin Australia integration platform and products with a focus on streaming capabilities and a microservices approach. VA will be migrating old legacy integrations onto the new integration platform. We are seeking an experienced and professional Manager, Integration Services to own sponsorship of the uplift project, and build and lead the Integration Coe and Platform team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own, establish and run the Integration CoE. Oversee and manage technical designers, developers, and platform engineers. - Responsible for the delivery of APIs & Integration built using the integration platform, ensuring APIs & Integrations are developed based on VA’s standards & guidelines.
- Be responsible for all aspects of platform engineering and operations ensuring platform is operational and meets SLAs. This includes administration, configuration, and support of the platform, managing user accounts, profiles, permissions and role groups, dashboards, reports, upgrades, fault analysis, data validation, monitoring and alerting, publishing platform KPIs, etc.
- Maintain proper internal controls, documentation, monitoring and alerting, and supportability with respect to the ongoing configuration and updates of supported platforms.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify process modifications to the platform necessary to effectively and efficiently support the needs of the organisation.
- Drive the platform roadmap consisting of platform & core services, Reusable assets, API and Microservice Lifecycle automation and portfolios, platform updates, upgrades, and configuration changes addressing market opportunities and customer use cases.
- Partner with Data Integration & Enterprise Architects to execute & implement enterprise governance initiatives.
- Manage service engagements including time management, prioritisation, identification, and mitigation of risks, setting customer expectations, etc.
- Actively review customer and stakeholder feedback to ensure solutions and strategies continued to deliver required outcomes.
- Work with Customers to build ‘Do-Now’, ‘Do Next’ and ‘Do After’ roadmaps for the platform and products.
- Run Governance, the Integration CoE and Socialisation forums, providing decision making, direction setting and constructive feedback and advice.
- Build, lead, support and manage a team of technical designers, developers, and platform engineers.
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- Bachelors or Masters’ qualifications in Computer Science, engineering or related discipline (or equivalent background).
- 5+ years of experience in IT leadership role responsible for engineering & support of enterprise integration platforms.
- Effective in building senior and executive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Sound understanding of microservices technology and architecture, very good communication skills, with the ability to adapt them to different audiences.
- Sound expertise in technology resource management.
- Proven experience in delivering large scale integration platform.
- Knowledge of API/integration/microservice principles, patterns and best practices, knowledge of SOA/ESB technologies, REST / SOAP web services, API gateways, technical conversations, decisions, strategies and review code.
- Proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and project management skills.
- Articulate and balanced in demeanour with crisp written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team interaction, time management, communication (oral and written) skills, ability to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record of leading high performing development teams leading.
- Software development frameworks e.g. Springboot.
- Micro-services architecture and management frameworks (eg Istio on Kubernetes).
- Advanced knowledge of modern software development technologies and methods, particularly RESTful services, .js and the Java Spring boot framework.
- Agile and DevOps certifications.
- Experience in: Kafka, Kubernetes, ServiceMesh, Kong, Apigee
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.
- Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
- Applications close:
Back Apply now Refer a friend