About Virgin Australia Group
What a great time to join Virgin Australia! With a strong market position and an outstanding leadership team, we are embarking on an exciting new chapter in our journey as we begin to recover from the impact of COVID-19.
Virgin Australia has taken flight under new ownership, with a renewed sense of identity and a focus on our mid-market heartland. We are more passionate and committed than ever to delivering the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
We are constantly re-designing our business for future success, ramping up flying, simplifying our organisational structure, growing our fleet, and delivering a deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
The Defect Support Engineer role
The objective of the Defect Support Engineer is to provide effective solutions for all non-operational tail specific issues reported within the Technical Operations group. This includes the assessment, coordination and preparation of open defects for rectification, as well as coordinating responses and actions in relation to guest, crew and safety related complaints. The Open Defect Engineer may also provide support to Line Planning, Maintenance Watch and MRO’s for troubleshooting and AOG aircraft.
The Planning team is responsible for implementing the airline’s Approved Maintenance Program and acquitting all open defects in a timely and cost-effective manner, devoid of maintenance overruns and undue restrictions to the operation
What you need to be successful
- Hold, or have held, an aircraft engineer license in category B1 and/or B2 or equivalent; or have a qualification in aircraft maintenance at least at certificate IV level; or have an engineering qualification at least at diploma level in any of the following disciplines: (i) aeronautical; (ii) avionics; (iii) mechanical; (iv) electrical
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering/aircraft maintenance for an airline that operates aircraft that are the same, or of a similar complexity as the aircraft operated by Virgin Australia
- Basic ability with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written skills - Proven ability to assess scenarios and plan outcomes in the most effective manner - Proven ability to prioritize work requirements in an operationally fluid environment - Good interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aircraft’s structure and systems, including the propulsion system for aircraft/engine types operated by the airline, or of similar aircraft type and complexity
- Working knowledge of OEM maintenance manuals and documentation
- Working knowledge of the CASR Part 42 Continuing Airworthiness Regulations
Ready to spread your wings?
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by submitting an application via the link.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.
PD - Defect Support Engineer-1.pdf