Brisbane Head Office
Full Time Permanent Opportunity
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
A passionate result driven leader who knows how to build lasting stakeholder connections and who also thrives in building motivated high performance teams. Commercially astute with a strategic mindset, you are data and analytics driven with the ability to communicate effectively in a range of mediums. Coupled with this, you are passionate about customer insights and their contributions to decision making process. If you have solid experience in airline strategy and/or network planning or have a management consulting background, we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing:
This pivotal highly visible leadership role creates, designs implement and optimises the network strategy and drive both organic transformational projects. Additionally you will manage the delivery of a balanced score card with financial, customer and operational strategic objectives.
In this role you will;
- Develop and implement an effective long term network strategy that connects our short term priorities to our long-term strategic objectives
- Lead material project based work including organic performance optimisation of our core and evaluation of strategic opportunities of new lines of business
- Manage the analysis and evaluation of competitor fleet and longer term capacity growth, and its implications on Virgin Australia and develop plans which appropriately position Virgin Australia in an evolving landscape
- Identify, develop and manage network transformation initiatives including initial valuation, prioritisation and delivery
- Effectively drive long term network planning, based on demand trends, competitive positioning as well as considering aircraft utilisation and customer insights
- Manage the production of long term budget and re forecast schedules for ongoing business planning purposes
- Develop business cases recommending long term network changes, including analysis of new routes and identification of incremental earnings opportunities
- Effective management of alliance partner relationships to optimise joint network plans, where permitted by applicable legislation
- Develop a long term network planning process and decision making rhythm that engages with the right stakeholders at the right time to deliver best in class decision making and the most optimal balance of forward planning certainty with flexibility
- Maintain high functioning relationships with both external and internal stakeholders
To be great in this role you will:
- Have leadership experience within an airline strategy or commercial function and/or a management consulting background
- Hold a solid understanding of commercial and operational aspects of the airline industry
- Have excellent analytical skills with the ability to synthesise large data sets and complex problems into actionable network outcomes
- Possess strong leadership experience and proven ability to drive high performance teams
- Have an ability to manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and develop strong relationships across the organisation and up to senior management level
- Hold a tertiary qualification in Airline Economics or Business disciplines
What you will get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
At the Virgin Australia Group, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.