Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
Who we’re looking for:
The objective of the Business Systems Manager, Commercial Technology role is to partner with Commercial business divisions, understand their strategy and capability needs and manage the platforms and technical services supporting their outcomes.
This role holds accountability for the services and life-cycle support specific to the Commercial Portfolio, this includes Revenue Management, Sales and the airline Reservation Platform, Sabre. Working collaboratively with business and IT teams you will assess new or improved capabilities in line with Business strategies and the Technology Roadmap.
The Business Systems Manager will facilitate execution of business cases, delivery of projects, and manage relationships with key stakeholders and vendors within the established IT framework
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with Commercial functions to understand their strategy, needs and pain points
- Supporting the business through a partnership model based on one team culture, you will facilitate execution of business cases and manage relationships with key stakeholders and vendors
- Work with senior managers and product owners to build a prioritised roadmap of improvements to internal systems aligned to business strategies.
- Coordinate the delivery of consistent and effective technology services and projects, for minor works this may involve direct project management
- Support both agile and waterfall ways of working minimising contention between teams.
- Manage and forecast operational budgets appropriate to portfolio with a view to reduce ongoing costs year on year.
You’ll be great in this role if you:
- Airline industry experience, specifically in commercial areas
- 10 years’ work experience within IT, with 5yrs or more within leadership positions
- Experience developing senior relationships and resolving conflict and prioritisation challenges
- Project management experience and ability to lead multiple projects at once.
- Experience managing enterprise operational systems, both large and small scale
- Understanding business and technical requirements, analysis, business process modelling and data mapping
- Strong leadership, collaboration and stakeholder management skills
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to)
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.