GDS & Departure Control Systems Analyst
- Job Number: 506069
- Work type: Full Time, Max Term, Secondment
- Location: Brisbane
- Categories: Fares & Ticketing, IT Support, Systems Analysts
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
The objective of the CRC Systems Analyst role is to provide high quality support, maintenance and improvement of Virgin Australia’s reservation, departure control and associated airline systems.
** Multiple roles available both FTC until April'23 and permanent as well**
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with project teams to identify system delivery tasks to be performed by CRC
- Incident triage, resolution and problem management (includes on call as required)
- Ownership of ongoing root cause analysis into reoccurring issues
- Identify system and or process improvement opportunities and work with stakeholders to advocate for system enhancements
- Configuration/system changes and testing as required
- Communicate system changes or maintenance activities effectively to impacted stakeholders
- Identification and escalation of system issues or delivery tasks at risk and work with other areas of IT to resolve
- System issues (incidents) are triaged and handled according to IT guidelines and service level agreements (SLAs)
- Consider end-to-end customer experience in relation to system support
- Recognise and prioritise system issues and changes that have a revenue or financial impact
- Appropriate and timely escalation of high/critical financial issues
- Ability to identify size and complexity of issues and or changes to our system/s and relate it to revenue or cost.
Who we’re looking for:
As part of a small and friendly team operating in a fast paced and detailed environment, critical thinking in identifying and troubleshooting solutions will be a key attribute as well as excellent communicative skills both verbal & written when working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders/vendors from across the globe.
You will need to be able to build strong relationships that result in a high level of business and user satisfaction. Ideally you will also have an inquisitive mind with a high attention to detail. Working closely with your colleagues and peers, you will be responsible for responding to and resolving problems or issues raised by our internal and external stakeholders. You will also use your experience and knowledge to help maintain and improve our critical systems and processes by prioritising and delivering changes. Being a team player is essential, but equally the ability to work autonomously without supervision.
- Previous experience with system support or system delivery (preferable but not essential)
- Experience of working in a team environment with a strong customer service focus
- Proven ability of innovative thinking
- Experience applying problem solving and analytical Skills
- Capability to influence and communicate effectively with a wide range and level of stakeholders and external vendors
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Tenacity and never give up attitude
- Work with a high degree of accuracy
We are a small inclusive team who takes pride in sharing our successes and supporting each other to be the best version of ourselves each day. As such we provide full on the job training and ongoing support to all our team members.
You’ll be great in this role if you have:
- IATA Fares and Ticketing I & II
- Experience as either an: Airline Reservations Consultant, Travel Agent Consultant, GDS Helpdesk Consultant, IT Helpdesk
- Experience in Airline reservations, departure control or operational systems
- Experience in Global Distribution System’s (GDS)
- Working in a large multi business unit organisation
- Previous experience with system support or system Delivery
- Familiarity with airline systems & web-based products
- Good understanding of the IT systems environment & development paths
- Background in aviation standards and processes
- Good understanding of Teletype messages
- Interline/Codeshare partnership – messaging and Tables
- Knowledge/experience in airline codeshare processes
- System testing or “Beta” site participation
- Vendor and contract management
What you’ll get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
- Discounts on travel insurance, car hire, accommodation and experiences worldwide
- Discounted Virgin Australia Lounge membership
- Hospitality, retail, technology, beauty services and wellness discounts
- Wellness support, including the betterme digital wellbeing platform
- A comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, which offers confidential coaching and support from qualified professionals for all aspects of life – physical, mental, social and financial
- Dress for Your Day – enjoy the freedom to wear whatever is appropriate for the type of work you do and the day you have ahead of you
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI+ community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
The safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.
- Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
- Applications close:
Back Apply now Refer a friend