Finance Manager Capital Planning and Corporate Support
Brisbane Head Office
Full time Permanent Opportunity
Hello. We’re Virgin Australia. And we’re back (in a big way).
We’re the airline that’s always done things a little different. Our way. The Virgin way. For us, flying is so much more than simply taking off and landing (although we understand that is quite important). It’s about going the extra mile, in the air and on the ground, to create authentic experiences that put our guests firmly at the heart of everything we do.
This pivotal leadership role is responsible for the Group’s capital planning process including the approval process, tracking and forecasting the spend. The capital program is what underpins the transformation plans of the business and making sure we are delivering on our strategic goals. Additionally, you will also be responsible for the management of route and customer profitability analysis across the group this is a critical input to our commercial and network teams driving.
You will also be supporting the leadership teams of our corporate functions (Finance, Legal, People, Strategy and Transformation) to deliver their strategic and financial goals. You will align the finance function with business activity, underpinning budgets and forecasts, through to the impact of cash flow, and the variable and fixed components of the cost base over the cycle. Reporting and insights on a regular basis to identify forecast risks and performance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Overseeing the preparation and presentation of the management accounts for discussion with the relevant executive member and their leadership team
- Overseeing the provision of rolling reforecasts and any recurring structured budget development, ensuring accurate and appropriate use of key business performance metrics and relevant function owner support.
- Overseeing and providing advice for preparation of Board Papers by GMs and executives in the supported functional unit
- Own the Group’s Capital Planning Process
- Building and validating complex business cases in connection with business transformation, ensuring to justify potential investment and quantifying benefit, in support of the company’s growth strategy
- Supporting the Transformation Program, through baseline analysis and development of benefits realisation KPIs
- Proactively work with internal stakeholders across the VA Group and establish and lead effective teams to develop capabilities
- Leading regular performance/progress forums with key internal stakeholders and external partners
- Lead a small team of analysts
- Working with CFO leadership team on Finance team engagement, capability and career development
What will make you successful:
- You will hold a CA/ CPA or equivalent qualifications and Tertiary qualifications (Sciences/Business/Economics/Commercial)
- Hold extensive experience in business partnering and finance support of the business units
- Extensive experience in developing forecast models and complex business cases
- The ability to develop KPIs and performance hurdles for new business proposals
- A proven track record in improving processes and delivering against deadlines
- A strategic thinker who is able to implement initiatives delivering business outcomes
- Ability to anticipate and interpret market changes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- High level of knowledge and understanding of the commercial drivers for airline profitability
- High level of knowledge and understanding of business processes, leadership, risk management and implementation of change
What you will get from us
We’re committed to looking after you, with some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry – including (but not limited to):
- Heavily discounted air travel for you and your loved ones (including $1000 worth of travel credits per year)
- Flexible working arrangements (including work hours and work from home)
We’re all individuals. We love that. That’s why we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, our friends in the LGBTQI community, and anyone else who wants to join our family.
At the Virgin Australia Group, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy’. In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.
Ready to apply?
We’re ready to hear from you. Apply now.