- Multiple vacancies – Full time and Permanent Part time
- Be part of a world class Integrated Operations team
- Based in Southbank
About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
As a Load Controller you will be responsible for ensuring that accurate weight and balance data is generated in order to support safe, compliant and efficient flight operations, with an objective of transporting our guests' and payload in accordance with our airline's operating schedule.
These positions are based in Brisbane Head Office in Southbank and, you will work closely with the Manager Customer Recovery and Load Control.
As a Load Controller you will be responsible for:
- Ensure accurate Loading documentation is delivered in a timely manner, adhering to prescribed timelines
- Effectively communicate operational issues or restrictions to relevant operational departments e.g - Flight Ops Engineering, Flight Dispatch, Ops Control, Maintenance Watch or Customer Recovery
- Provide support and advice where required to external customers, such as Cargo, Engineering & Airside Services
- Monitor the Load Control System to ensure accurate load plan data for ground crew and flight crew to enable safe flight operation
- Contribue towards continuous improvement of department and operations.
What you need to be successful:
- Demonstrated understanding of airline or similar logistical operations
- Very good understanding of aircraft weight & balance and aircraft performance
- Ability to commit to working a rotating day and night roster
- Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in MS office suite of applications
What you’ll get from us:
- Great fares – domestic and international travel benefits for you, your family and your friends.
- Industry discounts – lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, and retail – you name it, we have a deal for it.
- Health and wellbeing – access to discounted fitness programs.
- Corporate health insurance – multiple offers across multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
- Diverse career paths and career development.
For further information about the Load Controller role, please refer to the position description.
PD - Load Controller- 22 September 2021.pdf
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of the Virgin Australia Customer Load Control Team, then we encourage you to submit your application now!
it’s kept us grounded for far too long. But we can’t ignore the impact it’s having, and will continue to have, in our industry.
At Virgin Australia, the safety and security of our people, guests and operations come first. Always. That’s why we’ve put together a comprehensive ‘Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy’.
In a nutshell, to work with us, you’ll need to comply with our (and the airport’s) rules and regulations. And be fully vaxxed.