Hello. We’re Velocity Frequent Flyer. And we’re back (in a big way).
With a year of ups and downs behind us all, we’re now ramping things up. Looking for new, come-as-you-are team members to join our fast-growing squad, responsible for rebuilding Virgin Australia’s loyalty program, currently 10 million members strong, and counting. That’s half of Australia!
If successful, you’ll be able to brag your heart out that millions of Australians have you and your team to thank for stacking up their Points and making getting back up in the air even more exciting.
Who we’re looking for:
Someone keen to join an award-winning and fast growing team and take one of ‘Australia’s most loved loyalty programs’ to the next level. Driven to take initiative, develop opportunities and work with good people, like themselves. We are currently looking for 2 Data Scientists.
What you’ll be doing:
Ever wanted to get given a project and be told to own it, run with it and make it yours? Well, here’s the gig you’ve been waiting for, where you’ll get the chance to do just that across a range of different projects (and teams) that only Velocity can offer.
- Code in one or more statistical programming languages as SAS, R or Python to interrogate and find relevant insights from large and diverse datasets
- Be an expert in statistics and machine learning
- Apply classic techniques such as logistic regression and more sophisticated ones such as elastic net, gradient boosting and random forest
- Use segmentation and clustering techniques to detect homogenous groups of members across the program or within specific Partner programs
- Provide consulting services and analysis to other groups
- Communicate in a clear and visual manner results and insights
- Derive, maintain and improve key metrics to be used in CRM strategy and analysis
- Present and provide insightful commentary derived from Model/Analysis to internal and external stakeholders
- Strive for continuous improvement on existing reporting suite
- Motivated elf-starter
- Enjoy solving business problem with data
- Embrace change
- Enjoy working in fast paced and dynamic environment
- Passionate about machine learning
- Statistical modelling experience
- Stakeholder management
- Proficient in Sas or any other statistical modelling tool
- Advanced SQL
- Familiar with ETL
- Proficient in any of the programming languages
What you’ll get from us:
Only some of the best perks out there, like working with great people who support each other and shape awesome team culture.
Flight perks of course.
Being one of the founding team members in our new structure and venture that is set to see Velocity and Virgin Australia soar towards success.
And well, quite a bit more.
Want to know more?
Get in touch and we can go from there.