Collaboration is at the heart of all that we do, we believe a goal can only be reached utilising the expertise and skills of others and we need amazing Digital Product Owners to join our team. The objective of the Product Owner role is to bring our digital strategy to life by building features, products and experiences that our guests love. Our Product Owners lead their digital squad roadmaps, taking ownership of varied products within our guests digital journey.
We are the voice of our customer with a high understanding of the aviation market, our product and the competition. How many times have you been in a meeting where the team is speaking in acronyms and expects your guest to understand and you have paused and thoughtfully said, If we think about our guest experience…..?, Have we thought about being respectful of our guest time when……? Would this make sense to your friend…? Sound like you, read on....
Our manifesto is to meet and exceed expectations of internal and external stakeholders while leading digital product development and transformation projects for across our airline. This means we are agile, welcome change, are a high performing UX/UI driven team and want to be a part of building the best Virgin Australia we can. Oh and we have really high attention to detail and are a creative bunch but you knew that right?
Just before we get to the formal stuff, we are also passionate about travel (discounted travel to be exact) you don’t have to be but we think it helps.
Key role responsibilities:
- Responsible for defining the product vision, articulated through a product roadmap, to achieve business goals and outcomes
- Managing the product backlog including prioritisation through value/effort assessments, financial modelling and identification of customer experience improvements
- Responsible for the creation of user stories, refining requirements and defining release and sprint goals
- Responsible for data driven decision making through analytics, financial and customer driven analysis
- Track, measure and be accountable for achieving product KPI’s at a product, departmental and group level
- Partner with the Business and Delivery teams to explore and refine a roadmap of initiatives and lead them to market in a scaled Agile framework
- Maintain an understanding of the customer and a vision for the product/service that you actively share with stakeholders and the delivery team (Squad)
What we’re looking for:
- 2-4 years experience leading agile projects, product and/or cross functional teams
- Experience working across complex technology stacks that are customer facing
- Experience in utilising analytics platforms and the ability to use data and analytics to drive decision making
- Experience in a solutions-focused environment with the ability to liaise with stakeholders to gain a deeper understanding of problems to collectively decide on the pathway forward
- Knowledge of platforms used in in agile product owner roles, like Jira, Confluence and Sharepoint.
- Knowledge of emerging digital technology in the airline industry, like NDC and AI
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.