Leader, Flight Training
Job no: 505790
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Flight Crew, Flight Crew Management, All Training
About Virgin Australia Group
What a great time to join Virgin Australia! With a strong market position and an outstanding leadership team, we are embarking on an exciting new chapter in our journey as we begin to recover from the impact of COVID-19.
Virgin Australia is continually working to set itself up for future success, with a renewed sense of identity and a focus on our mid-market heartland. We are more passionate and committed than ever to delivering the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
About Virgin Australia Regional Airlines (VARA)
VARA operates out of Perth Airport and has a fleet of F100 aircraft and A320 aircraft that predominantly conduct charter operations to regional Western Australia. VARA has continued to operate through COVID-19 and beyond to support our major clients in the mining industry and the future is exciting and prosperous.
The VARA Training and Checking Organisation manages, oversees and controls flight and cabin crew standards to support safe, efficient and compliant flight operations. by ensuring crew are trained and assessed to the defined company competency standards and they subsequently maintain that level of competency.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Flight Training & Standards, the objective of the Leader, Flight Training role is to supervise flight and simulator training and checking activities in accordance with VARA Training Organisation documented policies and processes
Key role responsibilities:
- Development and management of flight crew training & checking training programs
- Develop and implement initiatives to improve training efficiency and standards
- Management of intake and conversion training program for flight crew
- Manage pilot performance by monitoring performance standards
- Drive continuous improvement through monitoring and interpretation of standards, safety systems data and grading data
- Mentor flight training and checking pilots through training and checking activities
- Conduct staff development training to meet regulatory and company requirements
- Implementation of Training Support Plans
- Update, publish and distribute procedure manuals to flight crew and stakeholders
- Maintain records within our Compliance Statement and Approvals Register
Let’s get to know you
- Training and checking experience within a Part 121 Training and Checking Organisation within a High Capacity AOC (or equivalent)
- History of successfully managing and leading people
- Strong background in designing & delivering training
- Excellent attention to detail and high standards of quality
- A strong focus on continuous improvement
- Experience operating the aircraft that compose the VARA fleet is highly desirable
What you’ll get from us
- Experience the Virgin Australia Culture which is unlike anything else you have experienced. Become part of an internationally recognised brand that feels like family.
- The sky is the limit when it comes to career development, feel encouraged to diversify your skills and experience with access to internal vacancies.
- See Australia and the world with access to heavily discounted flights for you, your family and friends on Virgin Australia and many of our interline partners. We are extremely proud of our Team Travel program and it won’t take long to realise why.
- Take advantage of countless industry discounts – Lounge membership, hotels, travel insurance, car hire, tours, retail... the list goes on.
- Improve your Mind, Body and Soul with access to discounted fitness programs and a free onsite physiotherapist. We also offer discounted Corporate Health
Insurance through multiple partners to suit your individual lifestyle.
Ready to spread your wings?
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by submitting an application via the link.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.
PD - Leader, Flight Training- 15 December 2021.pdf
Advertised : W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend