Virgin Australia is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. The objective of the Interline Specialist role is to ensure revenue, from the Interline channel, is accurately recognised and done so in a timely manner and according to the negotiated airline agreements and IATA regulations. The Interline Specialist works together with the Commercial, Strategy and Loyalty business areas, as well as other airline interline billing counterparts and revenue accounting vendor to achieve results. This role will align the organisation to deliver the impact statement of … building an airline people love.
- Manage the process of interline billing audits ensuring billings are audited accurately and within IATA timeframes to ensure accurate revenue recognition and avoid revenue loss.
- Be recognised as the expert in IATA Interline Revenue Accounting rules and procedures and associated impacts.
- Resolve billing disputes in Correspondence stages in accordance with SPA or industry standard.
- Ensure all manual processes such as excess baggage, FIM’s, and other manual billings with interline partners are managed in a controlled manner and exceptions and issues are appropriately resolved.
- Support the Revenue Accounting outsource provider in relation to Interline Billing and resolve vendor queries on daily basis and provide guidance on complex billing disputes and dispute resolution between vendors
- Guide vendors on unexpected/new ticketing scenarios and circle back with commercial teams should adverse outcomes be observed.
- Act as a point of contact and provide feedback to internal stakeholders and Partner Airlines as required.
- Work autonomously and liaise with outsource vendor in India.
- Use Sharepoint to manage SLAs and ensure vendors are meeting SLAs.
What you need to be successful
- Strong experience in an Airline Interline team. Knowledge of interline revenue accounting rules.
- Extensive experience on ticket audit with the ability to identify potential loss due to bad ticketing, SPA or fare filing issue.
- Ability to consider the protection of revenue in all tasks.
- Very high attention to detail and the ability to quickly identify and resolve issues.
- Stakeholder management skills and strong written communication.
- Must be able to work autonomously.
- Ability to understand and use a revenue accounting system.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
Register your interest today by submitting an application via the link.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.