About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
The Cabin Policy Specialist role is the subject matter expert (SME) on all policy process and regulatory requirements for our cabin and on-board operation. Using your specialist knowledge, you will support the Leader, Customer Operations Policy to prioritise work according to the divisional strategy and ensure that all aspects of the cabin operations are considered as part of any change or new initiatives being introduced.
The position is based in Brisbane Head Office and, you will work closely with the Leader Customer Operations Policy CSD Management.
As a Cabin Policy Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance to the CASA regulatory obligations for cabin safety procedures
- Continuous improvement opportunities to enhance our policies and processes to be efficient and user friendly for onboard crew
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) for cabin standards and influence positive change
- Collaborate with the Safety Assurance Specialist to identify WHS or other safety issues and provide adequate mitigations
- Promote an open, honest and collaborative communication culture within Customer Service Delivery Division
- Provide leadership and coaching to Advisors through regular one on one’s.
What you need to be successful:
- Year 12 senior certificate or equivalent
- Awareness of aviation regulatory and legislation requirements
- Operational experience in airport or cabin operations
- Experience with initiating and driving improvements to policy and process
- Systems experience in airport or cabin environments
- Ability to simultaneously gather and comprehend information from a variety of sources to analyse requirements and inform decision making
- Understanding of the dynamics of airport and cabin operations
- Working knowledge of aviation regulation (E.g. CASA, IATA, IOSA, CAA, FAA, DOTARS)
- Excellent communication skills including report writing
- Maintaining and developing effective stakeholder relationships
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to be a part of the Virgin Australia Safety Team, then we encourage you to submit your application now!
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status