Job no: 505751
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Flight Crew, Flight Crew Management, Other Network Operations, All Resource Planning / Workforce Planning, Other Flight Operations, Flight Planning Services, Crew Planning Services, Airline Operations, Business Support Services
About Virgin Australia Group
Virgin Australia Group is now embarking on an exciting new chapter in the next stage of our journey. In September 2020, US private equity firm Bain Capital acquired Virgin Australia in a $3.5 billion deal. The airline has now re-launched as a mid-market carrier with a renewed focus on small and medium sized businesses, price-sensitive corporates and premium leisure travellers. and holiday makers.
Virgin Australia continues to implement its plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
Virgin Australia Group prides itself on recruiting the right people to meet the challenges ahead. No matter their role – our employees share an enormous amount of passion for our guests and ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia.
About This Opportunity
The objective of the Schedule Coordinator role is to assist in the development and delivery of domestic and international schedules in consultation/negotiation with a variety of commercial and operational stakeholders.
Optimise monthly and seasonal term schedules identifying network, connections, resolving operational constraints, meeting the predicted OTP target and deliver schedules to internal and external customers accurately and on time. To maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
Maintain effective relationships with stakeholders. Equally essential is the requirement to maintain a safe, compliant working environment.
As part of a small scheduling team attached to the Network Management & Alliances Division, within the Strategy and Transformation Group of the airline, you will be working in a dynamic environment at the very core of the airline.
- Assist in optimising & developing schedules ensuring they are published into the reservation system/GDS
- Meet predetermined deadlines for the delivery of detailed & accurate schedule data to internal and external customers
- Develop different scheduling scenarios as required, including budgets and reforecasts
- Build & maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Ensure fleet numbers are allocated correctly for required flying programme including allocation of Operational and Engineering spares
- Provide timely and quality information to assist the business to arrive at a mutually agreeable position on schedule constraints
- Continually develop and recommend enhancements in processes to improve/streamline work practices
What you need to be successful
- Airline Commercial/Operational knowledge
- Theoretical knowledge of airline scheduling
- Outstanding organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- A collaborator and team player
Ready to spread your wings?
Boarding for this opportunity won’t last long – register your interest today by submitting an application via the link.
Virgin Australia is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive culture and supportive environment for our people.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.
PD - Schedule Coordinator - 22 December 2021 (2)-1.pdf
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close : E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend