The inside sales SME role will be to drive sales for Virgin Australia’s Accelerate program, VA’s small to medium business program. The objective of the sales consultants will be to nurture leads, close sales and increase revenue from existing customers and support customer enquiries as required.
** This role is a 12 months FTC with a view to extension and based in either Brisbane or Sydney**
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Achieve sales budget and improve revenue growth and revenue quality in the SME channel
- Deliver positive commercial outcomes for the business.
- Engage in the crafting of a robust revenue development plan for your sales portfolio.
- Follow up on leads and close sales to increase revenue from existing customers.
- Develop strong business relationships with key customers and stakeholders to facilitate to meet the needs of customers
- Proactively reach out to new and existing customers.
- Develop and execute a customer engagement plan (including support from manager and team).
- Build future growth in customer portfolios by recognising repeat conversion of business.
- Retain customers through active and productive account management
- Research and discover methods to increase customer engagement.
What we're looking for:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively prioritise.
- Proven experience in negotiating in a competitive environment.
- Proven network of corporate or travel related contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to work with high volume communication via emails and phone calls
- Proven abilities in high level customer service
- Sound knowledge of fares and ticketing and/or revenue management principles
- Through knowledge of a GDS
- Demonstrated ability to engage and operate at all customer levels while also able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and partners (internally and externally).
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline group that operates domestic and international passenger services, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.