2022 is going to be a big year for us. Are you ready to join us we take flight
2 x Group Accountant Opportunities
Full time 12 months Max Term Contract
About the role
This is a pivotal leadership role within our Group Finance team who are responsible for the accounting of the costs of the airline across various portfolios including navigational, fuel, freight cargo, corporate and facilities costs. You will provide accurate and timely accounting support for the Virgin Australia Group ensuring that transactions are recognised in accordance with Group Accounting policies.
Leading a team, you will ensure integrity and accuracy of financial books and drive a continuous improvement culture. You will be responsible for overseeing month-end journals, variance analysis, balance sheet reconciliations and profit and loss commentary.
Additionally, you will also be responsible for
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of month-end accounts
- Provide detailed financial commentary
- Assisting audit processes
- Liaise with Finance Partners to ensure costs are allocated to correct departments and project WIP
- Assisting with project implementation including testing and providing feedback on new systems and processes
- Actively identify and contribute to process improvements
- Review the monthly management accounts identifying errors, omissions and duplications to ensure the integrity of the management accounts
- Provide cross skilling to Assistant Cost Accountants for learning and development opportunities
What you’ll need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in business or commerce and hold a CPA/CA
- Between 5 to 10 years commercial experience within a large complex organisation
- Proven team leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Oracle Financials or other ERP system experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of current Accounting guidelines and principles
- A high level of computer literacy, including advanced Excel spread sheet skills
- The ability to build effective working relationships and deliver high level service, advice and support the needs of diverse work units
About Virgin Australia Group
What a great time to join Virgin Australia! With a strong market position and an outstanding leadership team, we are embarking on an exciting new chapter in our journey as we begin to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues, and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing work and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.