Specialist Advisor, Commercial Systems
Job no: 505619
Work type: Max Term
Categories: Systems Analysts
About the role:
Provide expertise for troubleshooting complex issues and consulting on ways to enhance our systems or implement new systems. Liaise with internal clients and relevant Technology team members to ensure the support and design of systems meet the desired outcomes. You will also support and mentor other members of the Technology team to develop their understanding of these systems and help build a robust support capability.
The Commercial and Corporate Technology team partners with business areas to manage technologies within the portfolio as well as plan and deliver on initiatives in line with strategy
- Work with internal teams to investigate business process or system challenges and identify opportunities for innovative solutions.
- Quickly identify the cause of complex issues and assist with workarounds resolutions.
- Work with project teams in designing system enhancements and/or implementing and integrating new systems.
- Proactively keep up to date on product changes and regularly share new information with users.
- Engage with stakeholders and vendors on a regular basis.
- Document business-value driven customer success stories and best practices.
- Manage project costs as required.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working on systems for large-ticketed airline or travel (essential).
- Sales experience (highly regarded)
- Strong systems knowledge, working on commercial, revenue and sales systems.
- Proven ability in requirement elicitation.
- Project management skills.
- Strong understanding of operational business processes which are supported by the airlines commercial systems.
- Knowledge of the principles of a ticketed, full-service environment with a complex network of codeshare and interline relationships.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant qualification in Information Technology/Business.
About Virgin Australia:
Virgin Australia Group is a major Australian airline headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. The company operates scheduled domestic and short-haul international flights, charter and cargo services, and the award-winning loyalty program Velocity Frequent Flyer. The Group has been a competitor in the Australian aviation landscape for more than 20 years.
Since November, Virgin Australia has been working on a plan to set itself up for future success. The Group has worked to ramp up flying, simplified its organisational structure, confirmed plans for 25 new 737 aircraft to renew and grow the fleet, and signalled deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff will be required to comply with the Policy which includes being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to 31 March 2022 and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.
Advertised : E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close :
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend