Taking off is where the excitement lives. Join our team today.
About the role
Working within Virgin Australia’s Facilities and Workplace Services team, you will be responsible for ensuring all employees and contractors have correct identification and access to enter facilities deemed necessary to fulfil their operational requirements. This is an operationally critical role driving and implementing strict guidelines around Access and Identification for Virgin Australia.
Are you up for the challenge?
This is an 18 month Fixed Term opportunity based in our Brisbane Head Office.
Additionally, you will also be responsible for
- Facilitating and maintaining access control and ASIC (Aviation Security Identification Card) databases
- Managing the Access and Identification email inbox and associated functions
- Managing the flow of ASIC applications in the ASIC Self Service Portal
- Undertaking audits of the ASIC system and processes
- Reporting any issues with the ASIC system and working with the developer for their rectification
- Ensure access to facilities is disabled upon notification of cessation of staff employment
- Liaise with Internal Departments, external Government agencies and third party contractors
What you’ll need:
- A strong eye for detail and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures when dealing with high volumes of work.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficient use of the Microsoft suite of applications (Excel; & Word).
- Experience in maintaining and use of databases for analysis and reporting.
- Experience in the development and implementation of procedures to accomplish compliance with regulations
- Great communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to clearly communicate across all levels of Virgin Australia and external contractors
About Virgin Australia Group
What a great time to join Virgin Australia! With a strong market position and an outstanding leadership team, we are embarking on an exciting new chapter in our journey as we begin to recover from the impacts of COVID-19.
Virgin Australia took flight under new ownership last year, with a renewed sense of identity and a focus on delivering unrivalled value for our target customer segments. We are more passionate and committed than ever to delivering the uniquely Virgin customer experience Australians know and love.
Since November, we have been re-designing our business for future success, ramping up flying, simplifying our organisational structure, growing our fleet, and delivering a deeper investment in technology and customer experience.
We’re a winning team and we attract the best: challengers, innovators, and seriously fun individuals with big hearts. At Virgin Australia Group, we pride ourselves on recruiting the right people to join our team and help us rise to the challenges ahead. No matter our role – we are united by our ambition to be
the most loved airline in Australia, and always go one step further for our customers, colleagues, and our wider community.
For the health and safety of staff and guests, Virgin Australia has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. New staff who commence prior to 15 November 2021 will be required to comply with the Policy which will include being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the deadline for your work group and providing Virgin Australia with evidence of your vaccination status.